Castle Hill 143 13 July 2015
Members of Ardrossan Castle Heritage Society and volunteers helped Dr Oliver O'Grady, third from left, conduct a ground penetration radar survey on the Castle Hill. This involved creating a grid of twenty metre squares which were surveyed using a Fluxgate Gradiometer.
Castle Hill is known locally as Cannon Hill. This is because four or five cannons, pointing towards the sea, stood on the hill for about three hundred years until they were removed to reuse their metal in the 1939-45 war.
Castle Hill is also featured in Castle Ruins, Castle Hill Church and Graveyard and MacFadzean's Monument.