Castle Hill 207 16 April 2017
Ardrossan Churches Group gathered on Castle Hill on Easter Sunday morning for an inter-denominational service. The practice started in the mid 1990s. The photograph features Canon Matt McManus of the Church of Saint Peter in Chains.
Hill is known locally as Cannon Hill. This is because four or five cannons,
pointing towards the sea, stood on the hill for about three hundred years until
they were removed to reuse their metal in the 1939-45 war.
Castle Hill is also featured in Castle Ruins, Castle Hill Church and Graveyard and MacFadzean's Monument.