Castle Hill Church and Graveyard 10 2 May 2012
The church on Castle Hill was originally a Catholic Church, built no later than 1226. It measured 64 feet by 26 feet. It had two altars - one dedicated to Saint Peter and the other to the Blessed Virgin Mary. It became a Church of Scotland after the Reformation of 1560 and was destroyed in a storm in 1695.