Barony Saint John's Church of Scotland, Arran Place 3
31 August 2003
The Barony Church opened in 1844. On 24 September 1987, a service in Saint John's Church commemorated its closing and merger with the Barony Church to form Barony Saint John's Church. In early 2010, there were safety concerns over the church sanctuary and the church hall was used for services. Further safety concerns about the hall resulted in the complete closure of the church. The last service was held on 20 November 2011. For the next four Sundays, services were held in the Parish Centre of the Church of Saint Peter in Chains. Thereafter, the congregation had the use of Saint Andrew's Church. On 19 November 2013, Barony Saint John's Church merged with New Trinity Church, Chapelwell Street, Saltcoats to form Ardrossan and Saltcoats Kirkgate Parish Church.