Garden of Remembrance, Glasgow Street 14 13 November 2011
The photograph was taken on Remembrance Sunday 2011 and shows the Reverend Jim Smith of the Evangelical Union Congregational Church leading the commemorative service watched by Councillor Peter McNamara.
The Garden of Remembrance honours local men who died in the Second World War (1939-45). The memorial plaque was unveiled and dedicated on 1 June 1947 by William McCubbin, father of three brothers who were killed. David, James and John McCubbin are among those named on the inscription.
Click here to read a report on the unveiling of the memorial plaque.
Further information on the Garden is on Danny Mathieson's Garden of Remembrance website.