Garden of Remembrance, Glasgow Street 86 11 June 2017
The memorial plaque was removed on 1 May 2017 and a new foundation was laid. On 8 June, 2017, the plaque was reinstated with the inscription facing towards the centre of the Garden.
The Garden of Remembrance honours local men who died in the Second World War (1939-45). The memorial plaque was unveiled and dedicated on 1 June 1947 by William McCubbin, father of three brothers who were killed. David, James and John McCubbin are among those named on the inscription.
Click here to read a report on the unveiling of the memorial plaque.
Further information on the Garden is on Danny Mathieson's Garden of Remembrance website.