Garfield's Wine Bar Bistro, Princes Street 2 31 October 2010
Garfield's opened to the public at 1100 on 11 December 2010 following previews for invited guests on 8, 9 and 10 December.
This buiding was opened as the Princes Picture House by Provost George McKellar on 29 June 1921. It was the Lyric Cinema between 7 July 1932 and 9 September 1961. It then became the Lyric Bingo Club which closed on 9 May 2004. It is a Grade B Listed Building.
With the support of the Irvine Bay Regeneration Company, Hooper Grey Developments refurbished the external walls and provided facilities for the Wine Bar Bistro and two first floor flats in the front half of the building. The rear was demolished and six flats were being built on the site. Work started in early February 2009 and ended in December 2010.
Click here to read reports on the opening of the Lyric Cinema.