Railway Station - Ardrossan North 1 20 October 2011
The centre of the photograph shows the platform of the station that opened on 3 September 1888 as Ardrossan Station. On 1 October 1906, the station was renamed Ardrossan Town Station. It closed between 1 January 1917 and 1 February 1919 due to wartime economy. On 2 June 1924, it changed name to Ardrossan North Station. It was also referred to as Ardrossan Montgomerie Street Station and Ardrossan Caledonian Station but was commonly known as the Caley Station.
Click here to read a report on the opening of the station.