Ardrossan Academy, Sorbie Road 16 29 September 2013
Ardrossan Academy opened on 2 October 1882 on the site of the demolished Saint Peter's School in South Crescent Road. Pupils transferred to this site on 19 June 1933 and the school was officially opened on 6 October 1933.
As part of North Ayrshire Council's Heritage Trails, a Blue Plaque to Edith MacArthur was installed in late September 2013.
More information on Ardrossan Academy can be seen on its website.