James McFarlane School Extension, Dalry Road 5 11 September 2006
Construction work on the extension to James McFarlane School started on 3 July 2006.
James McFarlane School opened to pupils on 12 September 1988 and replaced the previous school in Campbell Avenue, Saltcoats. It is named after James McFarlane (1910-1976) who lived in Bath Villa with his family between 1945 and 1987. James McFarlane was a teacher in Saint Peter's Primary School, Head Teacher of Saint John's Primary School, Stevenston and organist and choirmaster in the Church of Saint Peter in Chains. A profile of James McFarlane can be seen on the website of the Church of Saint Peter in Chains.