Quarriers Seafield School, Eglinton Road 7 4 January 2008
Seafield School was built in as Seafield House in 1820 for Mrs Bartlemore. It was substantially rebuilt in the Scottish Baronial style in 1858. The tower at the rear was added in 1881. Around that time, it was owned by Archibald Douglas Bryce-Douglas (1841-1891), an esteemed marine engineer and shipbuilder. Towards the end of the nineteenth century, it was a hydro or hydropathic hotel. From at least the 1950s to around 2000, it was called Seafield Residential School. In late 2004, North Ayrshire Council sold its interest in it to Quarriers who renamed it Quarriers Seafield School. The school closed at the end of June 2014.